About the role:
This Programs Assistant internship is a 3-6 month, part-time paid internship. This role requires an energetic, dedicated and detail-oriented person who can manage multiple tasks. This individual is a team-player with an entrepreneurial spirit, willingness to learn and ability to manage multiple tasks while adapting to shifting priorities.
The ideal candidate is a recent graduate (graduated within the past year) or an undergraduate/graduate student in project management or a development-related field.
Applicants will provide support in the following areas. As no single applicant is likely to have all of the following skills, applicants with experience in a majority of these areas, and a willingness to expand their skill set should feel comfortable applying.
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Assist in developing an onboarding framework defining guiding criteria for selecting businesses targeted by Pangea according to business models, geography, the status of the business, needed due diligence papers, etc,
- Help in the preparation and management of a funnel and selection process of startup businesses to be onboarded as investees by Pangea.
- Support Pangea startups Alumni businesses, by sharing opportunities to grow their businesses.
- Assist in the development of business support and mentoring models defining the support offering from Pangea to enterprises.
- Executes effective outreach strategies to recruit businesses by providing excellent coaching, consulting, and connections to support Pangea businesses grow in consultation with other key leadership team members for existing business as well as new businesses.
- Manage relationships of key ecosystem players/stakeholders and investors identifying their role and value they will add to Pangea such as local and Pan Africa networks such as Afrilabs, ASSEK, etc.
- Manage business support network teams in Africa, including business mentors and key contacts, organizations, and corporates that Pangea businesses may require to achieve expected growth milestones.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize and schedule workload.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills (oral and written).
- Excellent report writing skills as well as knowledge of Project Logical Framework and OPPM, One-Page Project Manager tool.
- Ability to build relationships across diverse actors, work independently, build trust and work efficiently with internal and external stakeholders.
- Good interpersonal skills with a strong partner and client focus.
- Ability to work under pressure and to deliver on strict deadlines in a timely manner.
- Highly motivated with a can-do attitude and desire to drive change in the organization
- Analytical Skills: High need for analytical skills to be able to solve problems that may come up during typical project implementation.
- Experience in working in entrepreneurship development and acceleration field will be a valued consideration
How to apply:
Kindly fill in this linked form before February 15th 2021.