Pangea is an innovation hub in Kenya that connects talented and impact-driven African startups with competence capital and a network. We have worked with 150+ African startups and are doing several programs in Kenya and other African countries. We are currently working on exciting projects and are in need of growing our team.
About the role:
This communications internship is a 3-6 month, part-time paid internship. This role requires an energetic, dedicated and detail-oriented person who can manage multiple tasks. This individual is a team-player with an entrepreneurial spirit, willingness to learn and ability to manage multiple tasks while adapting to shifting priorities.
Depending on skillset, this individual will assist with communications tasks including, but not limited to: writing and editing, photo and video production and editing, web and social media analytics, social media content, graphic design, media relations, digital asset management, event coordination and other communications and administrative support tasks as assigned.
The ideal candidate is a recent graduate (graduated within the past year) or an undergraduate/graduate student in journalism, communications, public relations, marketing, digital filmmaking, digital media, graphic design or a development-related field.
Applicants will provide support in the following areas. As no single applicant is likely to have all of the following skills, applicants with experience in at least 2-3 of these areas, and a willingness to expand their skillset should feel comfortable applying.
- Draft and organize social media content to promote Pangea blogs, videos and media coverage on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Instagram
- Contribute to social media quantitative and qualitative analytics reporting.
- Create and coordinate content for social media campaigns and observances
- Monitor and research influencers, trending topics and tools.
- Source content from staff around the world and at events.
- General social media planning, research, reporting and coordination as assigned.
Writing and Editing:
- Corporate bios
- Photo captions
- Project descriptions
- Press releases and media advisories
Photo, Video and Graphics:
- Edit and format photos and videos for social media and web
- Photo, video, and audio editing
- Photography and videography
- Gifs, animations, and graphics
- Digital asset management
- Help compile and update media contact lists
- Prepare media reports on assigned subjects
- Identify and research opportunities to share Pangea stories with relevant journalists and media outlets.
- Assist with press release/media advisory writing, editing, distribution, and media outreach
- Assist with media interview scheduling and coordination
- Assist with scheduling and coordinating of photo/video shoots
Miscellaneous Communications and Administrative Support:
- Taking notes during meetings
- Create and manage PowerPoint presentations
- Report preparation for meetings and presentations
- Event planning and coordination
- General administrative and communications support as assigned.
How to apply:
Kindly fill in this form before February 15th 2021.